Six persons injured in clash in Meerut
Meerut: At least six persons were injured in a clash between two parties belonging to different communities over a minor dispute here, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place last night when two youths belonging to different communities had an argument over a mere sum of hundred rupees, which one person owed to another, they said.
The argument later worsened as people from the two parties took to the streets and indulged in stone-pelting which left at least 6 persons injured, SSP Omkar Singh said.
The injured have been admitted to a hospital.
Police resorted to lathicharge to disperse the men and bring situation under control.
Police personnel have been deployed in the area in the view of the tension. Further investigation into the incident is on, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Donald Trump says Britons ''took back control of their country'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan laud Shekhar Kapur's daughter's soul-stirring debut song – Watch
- China mounts rescue efforts as tornado toll hits 98
- Bollywood smitten with Harshvardhan Kapoor's theatrics in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's 'Mirzya' trailer!-- See tweets
- Brexit: How it can give better market access to India