Six persons injured in clash in Meerut
Meerut: At least six persons were injured in a clash between two parties belonging to different communities over a minor dispute here, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place last night when two youths belonging to different communities had an argument over a mere sum of hundred rupees, which one person owed to another, they said.
The argument later worsened as people from the two parties took to the streets and indulged in stone-pelting which left at least 6 persons injured, SSP Omkar Singh said.
The injured have been admitted to a hospital.
Police resorted to lathicharge to disperse the men and bring situation under control.
Police personnel have been deployed in the area in the view of the tension. Further investigation into the incident is on, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH