Six persons injured in clash in Meerut
Meerut: At least six persons were injured in a clash between two parties belonging to different communities over a minor dispute here, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place last night when two youths belonging to different communities had an argument over a mere sum of hundred rupees, which one person owed to another, they said.
The argument later worsened as people from the two parties took to the streets and indulged in stone-pelting which left at least 6 persons injured, SSP Omkar Singh said.
The injured have been admitted to a hospital.
Police resorted to lathicharge to disperse the men and bring situation under control.
Police personnel have been deployed in the area in the view of the tension. Further investigation into the incident is on, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan