Six persons sentenced in 2004-06 post office scam
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court has sentenced six people to three to six years imprisonment in the 2004-2006 post office scam.
Special judge MS Wadhwa found six persons guilty and awarded six years imprisonment to Kanhaiya Lal, Prashant Tyagi, Sushant Tyagi and Rajkumar Tyagi.
While Lokesh Kumar has been sentenced to four years, Amar Singh has been awarded three-year imprisonment. The judge also imposed fine on them.
According to the Prosecution, Saharanpur main post office Postmaster Kanhaiya Lal, assistant postmaster Lokesh Kumar, Amar Singh, Agent Prashant Tyagi, Sushant Tyagi and Rajkumar Tyagi were accused of siphoned off Rs 16.71 lakhs. The CBI had probed into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love