Six police recruits run over by train in Uttar Pradesh
Kanpur: Six young police recruits were crushed to death by a train and another recruit was critically injured when they were trying to board another moving train here Friday, police said.
The mishap took place near the Bheemsen station in Kanpur, some 80 km from Lucknow, when the six recruits were hit by the Rapti Sagar Express.
"The recruits hurriedly tried to get inside an inter-city train that has no halt at Bheemsen station. In the process, the recruits were fatally hit by Rapti Sagar that was on a different track," Government Railway Police (GRP) inspector Parmanand Mishra told reporters.
"All the recruits were to attend a training camp in the state`s Chitrakoot district," he added.
According to police, the recruits, in their early 20s, were residents from Uttar Pradesh`s Jalaun district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened