Six police recruits run over by train in Uttar Pradesh
Kanpur: Six young police recruits were crushed to death by a train and another recruit was critically injured when they were trying to board another moving train here Friday, police said.
The mishap took place near the Bheemsen station in Kanpur, some 80 km from Lucknow, when the six recruits were hit by the Rapti Sagar Express.
"The recruits hurriedly tried to get inside an inter-city train that has no halt at Bheemsen station. In the process, the recruits were fatally hit by Rapti Sagar that was on a different track," Government Railway Police (GRP) inspector Parmanand Mishra told reporters.
"All the recruits were to attend a training camp in the state`s Chitrakoot district," he added.
According to police, the recruits, in their early 20s, were residents from Uttar Pradesh`s Jalaun district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA