Six police recruits run over by train in Uttar Pradesh
Kanpur: Six young police recruits were crushed to death by a train and another recruit was critically injured when they were trying to board another moving train here Friday, police said.
The mishap took place near the Bheemsen station in Kanpur, some 80 km from Lucknow, when the six recruits were hit by the Rapti Sagar Express.
"The recruits hurriedly tried to get inside an inter-city train that has no halt at Bheemsen station. In the process, the recruits were fatally hit by Rapti Sagar that was on a different track," Government Railway Police (GRP) inspector Parmanand Mishra told reporters.
"All the recruits were to attend a training camp in the state`s Chitrakoot district," he added.
According to police, the recruits, in their early 20s, were residents from Uttar Pradesh`s Jalaun district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan