Six police recruits run over by train in Uttar Pradesh
Kanpur: Six young police recruits were crushed to death by a train and another recruit was critically injured when they were trying to board another moving train here Friday, police said.
The mishap took place near the Bheemsen station in Kanpur, some 80 km from Lucknow, when the six recruits were hit by the Rapti Sagar Express.
"The recruits hurriedly tried to get inside an inter-city train that has no halt at Bheemsen station. In the process, the recruits were fatally hit by Rapti Sagar that was on a different track," Government Railway Police (GRP) inspector Parmanand Mishra told reporters.
"All the recruits were to attend a training camp in the state`s Chitrakoot district," he added.
According to police, the recruits, in their early 20s, were residents from Uttar Pradesh`s Jalaun district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray