Six police recruits run over by train in Uttar Pradesh
Kanpur: Six young police recruits were crushed to death by a train and another recruit was critically injured when they were trying to board another moving train here Friday, police said.
The mishap took place near the Bheemsen station in Kanpur, some 80 km from Lucknow, when the six recruits were hit by the Rapti Sagar Express.
"The recruits hurriedly tried to get inside an inter-city train that has no halt at Bheemsen station. In the process, the recruits were fatally hit by Rapti Sagar that was on a different track," Government Railway Police (GRP) inspector Parmanand Mishra told reporters.
"All the recruits were to attend a training camp in the state`s Chitrakoot district," he added.
According to police, the recruits, in their early 20s, were residents from Uttar Pradesh`s Jalaun district.
- LeEco to launch Made in India phone in its event on Tuesday?
- Former Jana Sangh president Balraj Madhok passes away, PM Modi condoles death
- Confirmed! Secretaries panel reviewing 7th CPC to submit report in June; likely to recommend better pay
- Bipasha Basu-Karan Singh Grover wedding: Have you seen these latest PICTURES?
- Bedtime VR Stories: The perfect remote parenting app for travelling parents - Watch!