Six prisoners score 1st division in UP Board exam
Muzaffarnagar: Six undertrial prisoners of the district jail in Muzaffarnagar have scored first division in intermediate exams held by the Uttar Pradesh Secondary Education Board.
Undertrials Avinesh scored 77.4 per cent, Shahid 76.4 per cent, Shelender 76.2 per cent, Monu 75 per cent, Vikrant 73.6 per cent and Renku Ravat 69 per cent, Superintendent of District Jail Seva Ram said on Friday, adding that they are facing charges of loot and murder.
"From the Muzaffarnagar district jail, six undertrails had appeared for the intermediate Uttar Pradesh Board exam of 2013 while nine wrote the high school examination," Ram said.
A total of 71 undertrial prisoners from eight district jails of western Uttar Pradesh, including Ghaziabad, Meerut Muzaffarnagar, Firozabad, Etah, Saharanpur and Agra, appeared in the intermediate Uttar Pradesh Board and high school examinations of 2013, according to jail sources.
The results were declared on Wednesday while the result of the high school exam has not been declared yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part IV
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part III
- Not hosting Modi government event: Amitabh Bachchan
- No compromise on terrorism, says PM Modi
- 2 years of BJP govt: PM Modi's interview with Wall Street Journal!
- Foxconn factory goes 'techno'; replaces workers with 60,000 robots!
- BJP comes out in defence of Amitabh's association with second anniversary programme
- Army troops, insurgents exchange gunfire along Manipur-Myanmar border
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus