Six prisoners score 1st division in UP Board exam
Muzaffarnagar: Six undertrial prisoners of the district jail in Muzaffarnagar have scored first division in intermediate exams held by the Uttar Pradesh Secondary Education Board.
Undertrials Avinesh scored 77.4 per cent, Shahid 76.4 per cent, Shelender 76.2 per cent, Monu 75 per cent, Vikrant 73.6 per cent and Renku Ravat 69 per cent, Superintendent of District Jail Seva Ram said on Friday, adding that they are facing charges of loot and murder.
"From the Muzaffarnagar district jail, six undertrails had appeared for the intermediate Uttar Pradesh Board exam of 2013 while nine wrote the high school examination," Ram said.
A total of 71 undertrial prisoners from eight district jails of western Uttar Pradesh, including Ghaziabad, Meerut Muzaffarnagar, Firozabad, Etah, Saharanpur and Agra, appeared in the intermediate Uttar Pradesh Board and high school examinations of 2013, according to jail sources.
The results were declared on Wednesday while the result of the high school exam has not been declared yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof