Six prisoners score 1st division in UP Board exam
Muzaffarnagar: Six undertrial prisoners of the district jail in Muzaffarnagar have scored first division in intermediate exams held by the Uttar Pradesh Secondary Education Board.
Undertrials Avinesh scored 77.4 per cent, Shahid 76.4 per cent, Shelender 76.2 per cent, Monu 75 per cent, Vikrant 73.6 per cent and Renku Ravat 69 per cent, Superintendent of District Jail Seva Ram said on Friday, adding that they are facing charges of loot and murder.
"From the Muzaffarnagar district jail, six undertrails had appeared for the intermediate Uttar Pradesh Board exam of 2013 while nine wrote the high school examination," Ram said.
A total of 71 undertrial prisoners from eight district jails of western Uttar Pradesh, including Ghaziabad, Meerut Muzaffarnagar, Firozabad, Etah, Saharanpur and Agra, appeared in the intermediate Uttar Pradesh Board and high school examinations of 2013, according to jail sources.
The results were declared on Wednesday while the result of the high school exam has not been declared yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range