Six prisoners score 1st division in UP Board exam
Muzaffarnagar: Six undertrial prisoners of the district jail in Muzaffarnagar have scored first division in intermediate exams held by the Uttar Pradesh Secondary Education Board.
Undertrials Avinesh scored 77.4 per cent, Shahid 76.4 per cent, Shelender 76.2 per cent, Monu 75 per cent, Vikrant 73.6 per cent and Renku Ravat 69 per cent, Superintendent of District Jail Seva Ram said on Friday, adding that they are facing charges of loot and murder.
"From the Muzaffarnagar district jail, six undertrails had appeared for the intermediate Uttar Pradesh Board exam of 2013 while nine wrote the high school examination," Ram said.
A total of 71 undertrial prisoners from eight district jails of western Uttar Pradesh, including Ghaziabad, Meerut Muzaffarnagar, Firozabad, Etah, Saharanpur and Agra, appeared in the intermediate Uttar Pradesh Board and high school examinations of 2013, according to jail sources.
The results were declared on Wednesday while the result of the high school exam has not been declared yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail