Six prisoners score 1st division in UP Board exam
Muzaffarnagar: Six undertrial prisoners of the district jail in Muzaffarnagar have scored first division in intermediate exams held by the Uttar Pradesh Secondary Education Board.
Undertrials Avinesh scored 77.4 per cent, Shahid 76.4 per cent, Shelender 76.2 per cent, Monu 75 per cent, Vikrant 73.6 per cent and Renku Ravat 69 per cent, Superintendent of District Jail Seva Ram said on Friday, adding that they are facing charges of loot and murder.
"From the Muzaffarnagar district jail, six undertrails had appeared for the intermediate Uttar Pradesh Board exam of 2013 while nine wrote the high school examination," Ram said.
A total of 71 undertrial prisoners from eight district jails of western Uttar Pradesh, including Ghaziabad, Meerut Muzaffarnagar, Firozabad, Etah, Saharanpur and Agra, appeared in the intermediate Uttar Pradesh Board and high school examinations of 2013, according to jail sources.
The results were declared on Wednesday while the result of the high school exam has not been declared yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference