Six sent to jail for possession of Rs 1.5 crore worth heroin in Meerut
Meerut: Six youths were arrested and 1.5 kg of heroin, worth Rs 1.5 crore in the international market, was recovered from their possession, police said.
The accused -- Neeraj Kumar, Munesh, Satish Singh, Sonu, Hemendra and Dushyant -- all aged between 22 and 27 years were apprehended near Hasanpur police station in Bhavanpur Thana area during a routine vehicular check by the local police last night, Meerut SSP, Deepak Kumar said.
The accused in a black SUV tried to flee when they were stopped by the check-post team. During inspection of the vehicle, two country-made pistols and two live cartridges were also seized, they said.
All six are natives of Moradabad and adjoining areas. During interrogation, they revealed that they were carrying heroin from Punjab to Uttarakhand, police said.
According to SSP, a police team has been assigned to nab the rest of their accomplices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey issues warrants for 42 journalists after coup: TV
- How Africans collaborate with wild birds to get honey
- P-Notes investment hit 2-year low of Rs 2.10 lakh crore in June-end
- This is how Arvind Kejriwal reacted after Navjot Singh Sidhu revealed why he quit Rajya Sabha
- ITC appoints Sanjiv Puri as COO