Six sent to jail for possession of Rs 1.5 crore worth heroin in Meerut
Meerut: Six youths were arrested and 1.5 kg of heroin, worth Rs 1.5 crore in the international market, was recovered from their possession, police said.
The accused -- Neeraj Kumar, Munesh, Satish Singh, Sonu, Hemendra and Dushyant -- all aged between 22 and 27 years were apprehended near Hasanpur police station in Bhavanpur Thana area during a routine vehicular check by the local police last night, Meerut SSP, Deepak Kumar said.
The accused in a black SUV tried to flee when they were stopped by the check-post team. During inspection of the vehicle, two country-made pistols and two live cartridges were also seized, they said.
All six are natives of Moradabad and adjoining areas. During interrogation, they revealed that they were carrying heroin from Punjab to Uttarakhand, police said.
According to SSP, a police team has been assigned to nab the rest of their accomplices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report