Six sent to jail for possession of Rs 1.5 crore worth heroin in Meerut
Meerut: Six youths were arrested and 1.5 kg of heroin, worth Rs 1.5 crore in the international market, was recovered from their possession, police said.
The accused -- Neeraj Kumar, Munesh, Satish Singh, Sonu, Hemendra and Dushyant -- all aged between 22 and 27 years were apprehended near Hasanpur police station in Bhavanpur Thana area during a routine vehicular check by the local police last night, Meerut SSP, Deepak Kumar said.
The accused in a black SUV tried to flee when they were stopped by the check-post team. During inspection of the vehicle, two country-made pistols and two live cartridges were also seized, they said.
All six are natives of Moradabad and adjoining areas. During interrogation, they revealed that they were carrying heroin from Punjab to Uttarakhand, police said.
According to SSP, a police team has been assigned to nab the rest of their accomplices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan