Six UP cops suspended for indulging in extortion
Ghaziabad: Six Uttar Pradesh police constables were today suspended with immediate effect for their alleged involvement in extortion.
Senior Superintendent of Police Dharmender Singh took the decision to suspend the policemen, including a traffic constable, after several complaints reached his office, a senior police officer said here.
"The SSP`s office got complaints that these policemen were indulging in extortion. A departmental inquiry was conducted and they were found guilty. All six policemen were suspended with immediate effect," the officer said.
The suspended constables were Yashpal (posted at Chirodi police-post), Pradeep Kumar Giri (Indirapuri police-post), Roop Kishore (Sahibabad police station), Sandeep Yadav (Loni police station), Manoj Kumar (Bandhla police-post) and a traffic police constable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you