Six UP cops suspended for indulging in extortion
Ghaziabad: Six Uttar Pradesh police constables were today suspended with immediate effect for their alleged involvement in extortion.
Senior Superintendent of Police Dharmender Singh took the decision to suspend the policemen, including a traffic constable, after several complaints reached his office, a senior police officer said here.
"The SSP`s office got complaints that these policemen were indulging in extortion. A departmental inquiry was conducted and they were found guilty. All six policemen were suspended with immediate effect," the officer said.
The suspended constables were Yashpal (posted at Chirodi police-post), Pradeep Kumar Giri (Indirapuri police-post), Roop Kishore (Sahibabad police station), Sandeep Yadav (Loni police station), Manoj Kumar (Bandhla police-post) and a traffic police constable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!