Six UP cops suspended for indulging in extortion
Ghaziabad: Six Uttar Pradesh police constables were today suspended with immediate effect for their alleged involvement in extortion.
Senior Superintendent of Police Dharmender Singh took the decision to suspend the policemen, including a traffic constable, after several complaints reached his office, a senior police officer said here.
"The SSP`s office got complaints that these policemen were indulging in extortion. A departmental inquiry was conducted and they were found guilty. All six policemen were suspended with immediate effect," the officer said.
The suspended constables were Yashpal (posted at Chirodi police-post), Pradeep Kumar Giri (Indirapuri police-post), Roop Kishore (Sahibabad police station), Sandeep Yadav (Loni police station), Manoj Kumar (Bandhla police-post) and a traffic police constable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals