Six UP engineers transferred in UP
Lucknow: Taking serious note of irregularities detected in irrigation department works during
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s tour of Lakhimpur Kheri, the state government has suspended six senior engineers besides
transferring the principal secretary of the department.
Engineer-in-chief Jaipal Singh was suspended on charges
of irregularities in the flood control programme and laxity in
works, government sources said today.
Besides Singh, chief engineer Sharda canal Abadhu Ram,
superintending engineer Sharda canal, Lautu Ram, executive
engineer, flood control cell, Ram Nayan, executive engineer
Bharat Ram and executive engineer Yogendra Kumar have been
The government has also shifted the principal secretary
of the department K.S Atoria and posted member, revenue board,
Deepak Singhal in his place.
Yesterday, Yadav had ordered a high-level probe into
irregularities in desiltation in Sharda during his inspection
tour of Lakhimpur Kheri.
"Large scale irregularities have been committed by the
irrigation department engineers and they have also tried to
hide them in their own way. This will be probed and stern
action will be taken against all those found guilty," Yadav
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot