Six UP engineers transferred in UP
Lucknow: Taking serious note of irregularities detected in irrigation department works during
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s tour of Lakhimpur Kheri, the state government has suspended six senior engineers besides
transferring the principal secretary of the department.
Engineer-in-chief Jaipal Singh was suspended on charges
of irregularities in the flood control programme and laxity in
works, government sources said today.
Besides Singh, chief engineer Sharda canal Abadhu Ram,
superintending engineer Sharda canal, Lautu Ram, executive
engineer, flood control cell, Ram Nayan, executive engineer
Bharat Ram and executive engineer Yogendra Kumar have been
The government has also shifted the principal secretary
of the department K.S Atoria and posted member, revenue board,
Deepak Singhal in his place.
Yesterday, Yadav had ordered a high-level probe into
irregularities in desiltation in Sharda during his inspection
tour of Lakhimpur Kheri.
"Large scale irregularities have been committed by the
irrigation department engineers and they have also tried to
hide them in their own way. This will be probed and stern
action will be taken against all those found guilty," Yadav
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says