Six-year-old girl raped by teenager in UP
Varanasi: A six-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her 14-year-old neighbour in Nevada village of the district, police said on Tuesday.
The victim was playing in the fields yesterday along with other children when the accused convinced her to come with him to a nearby hut where he raped her, police said.
On hearing the victim`s cries, locals reached the spot and caught the boy.
The girl was rushed to a local hospital, while the boy was handed over to the police.
The accused, a class VIII student, has been booked under section 376 (2) of the IPC (rape on a woman when she is under twelve years of age) and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POSCO) Act, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!