Six-year-old injured in celebratory firing in UP
Firozabad: A six-year-old girl was injured in celebratory firing by a wedding party here early Wednesday morning, police said.
Mohini was on the terrace of her Hanuman Gali residence watching a neighbour`s wedding procession when a youth in an inebriated condition fired in the air, injuring her near the eye, they said.
The girl has been admitted for treatment to the district hospital, they said.
While those responsible for opening fire fled the scene, the bridegroom and his uncle have been taken into custody till the arrest of the accused, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16