Six-year-old injured in celebratory firing in UP
Firozabad: A six-year-old girl was injured in celebratory firing by a wedding party here early Wednesday morning, police said.
Mohini was on the terrace of her Hanuman Gali residence watching a neighbour`s wedding procession when a youth in an inebriated condition fired in the air, injuring her near the eye, they said.
The girl has been admitted for treatment to the district hospital, they said.
While those responsible for opening fire fled the scene, the bridegroom and his uncle have been taken into custody till the arrest of the accused, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur