Six-year-old injured in celebratory firing in UP
Firozabad: A six-year-old girl was injured in celebratory firing by a wedding party here early Wednesday morning, police said.
Mohini was on the terrace of her Hanuman Gali residence watching a neighbour`s wedding procession when a youth in an inebriated condition fired in the air, injuring her near the eye, they said.
The girl has been admitted for treatment to the district hospital, they said.
While those responsible for opening fire fled the scene, the bridegroom and his uncle have been taken into custody till the arrest of the accused, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption