Six-year-old injured in celebratory firing in UP
Firozabad: A six-year-old girl was injured in celebratory firing by a wedding party here early Wednesday morning, police said.
Mohini was on the terrace of her Hanuman Gali residence watching a neighbour`s wedding procession when a youth in an inebriated condition fired in the air, injuring her near the eye, they said.
The girl has been admitted for treatment to the district hospital, they said.
While those responsible for opening fire fled the scene, the bridegroom and his uncle have been taken into custody till the arrest of the accused, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers