Six-year-old injured in celebratory firing in UP
Firozabad: A six-year-old girl was injured in celebratory firing by a wedding party here early Wednesday morning, police said.
Mohini was on the terrace of her Hanuman Gali residence watching a neighbour`s wedding procession when a youth in an inebriated condition fired in the air, injuring her near the eye, they said.
The girl has been admitted for treatment to the district hospital, they said.
While those responsible for opening fire fled the scene, the bridegroom and his uncle have been taken into custody till the arrest of the accused, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister