Six-year-old mercilessly beaten by school teacher for not doing homework
Zee Media Bureau
Ghaziabad: A kindergarten teacher was arrested by the police here for allegedly beating up a six-year-old student for nor doing his homework, as per reports on Sunday.
The child was apparently beaten by an iron ruler, as per his family. The victim has reportedly suffered major bruises on his back and hips.
The incident is said to have taken place yesterday.
The mother of the child was is reported to have said that when she complained to the principal of the Krishna Public school where her son was studying, she was told that children are generally beaten up like this only.
Meanwhile, the police said that Joshna Nigam was arrested for beating the lower kindergarten student and booked under section 323 of the Indian Penal Code for voluntarily causing injury.
She has also been booked under Uttar Pradesh`s child protection laws. A police complaint had been filed by the family of the boy.
The teacher was working with the school in Vijay Nagar for last eight months. She has seemingly admitted to her mistake. She however said that she did not beat him with a rod but with a stick.
The school too has expressed regret over the incident.
Meanwhile, the medical report of the child has been handed over to the police.
Many such cases of brutality against children have come to the fore of late.
Recently the tale of a teacher of a residential school mercilessly beating three visually impaired children in Kakinada in Andhra Prades was caught on camera. The teacher, who was later arrested, was also blind.
All the children were said to be below ten years old.
In another case, a women teacher in Kolkata was also caught on camera brutally beating up a three-year-old at his Lake Town home.
She had been appointed by the kid`s family only some days before the incident took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Congress sounds UP poll bugle; Sonia, Rahul flag off three-day bus Yatra '27 Saal UP Behaal'
- Sunny Leone in trouble after singing national anthem at Pro Kabaddi League match - Here's why
- Another ISIS suspect arrested from Maharashtra's Thane district
- Oops! Shah Rukh Khan, Rohit Shetty friends no more?
- NASA's NEEMO 21 research mission begins, aquanauts splash down!