Slain DSP`s brother joins as constable in UP Police
Lucknow: Sohrab, the brother of slain DSP Zia-ul-Haque who was killed by a mob in Pratapgarh, has joined on the post of constable offered to him by the state government on compassionate grounds.
The brother of the Kunda circle officer, who lost his life on March 2, joined in Gorakhpur on Monday, the same day when the slain DSP`s widow joined as OSD in Lucknow, home department sources said today.
Parveen Azad, widow of Haque, had joined as officer on special duty in Lucknow on Monday and she has been allotted office in police lines, Lucknow, they said.
Earlier, Parveen had refused to accept any post less than that of DSP but on Monday she joined as OSD, welfare.
Haque was shot dead by an enraged mob when he had rushed to control the volatile situation after a village head was killed following a land dispute.
The name of Kunda MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias `Raja Bhaiya` had cropped up in the matter after which he had resigned from the state Cabinet.
The CBI, which was entrusted with the probe into the killing, had booked five persons in the case, two of whom are in its custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla