Slain DSP`s brother joins as constable in UP Police
Lucknow: Sohrab, the brother of slain DSP Zia-ul-Haque who was killed by a mob in Pratapgarh, has joined on the post of constable offered to him by the state government on compassionate grounds.
The brother of the Kunda circle officer, who lost his life on March 2, joined in Gorakhpur on Monday, the same day when the slain DSP`s widow joined as OSD in Lucknow, home department sources said today.
Parveen Azad, widow of Haque, had joined as officer on special duty in Lucknow on Monday and she has been allotted office in police lines, Lucknow, they said.
Earlier, Parveen had refused to accept any post less than that of DSP but on Monday she joined as OSD, welfare.
Haque was shot dead by an enraged mob when he had rushed to control the volatile situation after a village head was killed following a land dispute.
The name of Kunda MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias `Raja Bhaiya` had cropped up in the matter after which he had resigned from the state Cabinet.
The CBI, which was entrusted with the probe into the killing, had booked five persons in the case, two of whom are in its custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test