Slain DSP`s brother joins as constable in UP Police
Lucknow: Sohrab, the brother of slain DSP Zia-ul-Haque who was killed by a mob in Pratapgarh, has joined on the post of constable offered to him by the state government on compassionate grounds.
The brother of the Kunda circle officer, who lost his life on March 2, joined in Gorakhpur on Monday, the same day when the slain DSP`s widow joined as OSD in Lucknow, home department sources said today.
Parveen Azad, widow of Haque, had joined as officer on special duty in Lucknow on Monday and she has been allotted office in police lines, Lucknow, they said.
Earlier, Parveen had refused to accept any post less than that of DSP but on Monday she joined as OSD, welfare.
Haque was shot dead by an enraged mob when he had rushed to control the volatile situation after a village head was killed following a land dispute.
The name of Kunda MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias `Raja Bhaiya` had cropped up in the matter after which he had resigned from the state Cabinet.
The CBI, which was entrusted with the probe into the killing, had booked five persons in the case, two of whom are in its custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB