Slain DSP’s wife, father squabble over govt jobs
Lucknow: Even as the CBI began its probe into the death of DSP Zia-ul-Haq, reports claimed on Thursday that his family members have started fighting over the jobs being offered by the state government as compensation.
There is tension in the family over selection of persons from the family as beneficiaries of the five jobs promised by the UP government.
One side is Haq’s widow Parveen Azad and on the other side is his father. Haq’s family members are peeved with her after she gave precedence to her own relatives over ones from her in-laws side.
Also, Parveen handed over a list consisting of eight names for jobs as against the five offered by the government. She has also demanded bravery award for her husband and wants the village renamed as Zia-ul-Haq Nagar.
Zia-ul-Haq, posted as Circle Officer in Kunda town, was allegedly killed by a mob in Pratapgarh when he had rushed there after village head Nanhe Yadav was shot dead over a land dispute. The village head`s brother Suresh also died of gunshot wounds.
In the FIR lodged by the DSP`s widow Parveen, she has accused former state minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya of conspiring to kill her husband.
Meanwhile, the Centre today handed over to CBI the probe into the killings of Pratapgarh Deputy Superintendent Police Zia-ul-Haq and two others following a request from the Uttar Pradesh gvernment.
CBI sources said the agency is likely to register today four cases in connection with the incident and start the probe into the killings during Saturday`s violence.
Raja Bhaiya, who resigned from the UP Cabinet after his name cropped up in the case, has refuted the charge.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata