Slain DSP’s wife, father squabble over govt jobs
Lucknow: Even as the CBI began its probe into the death of DSP Zia-ul-Haq, reports claimed on Thursday that his family members have started fighting over the jobs being offered by the state government as compensation.
There is tension in the family over selection of persons from the family as beneficiaries of the five jobs promised by the UP government.
One side is Haq’s widow Parveen Azad and on the other side is his father. Haq’s family members are peeved with her after she gave precedence to her own relatives over ones from her in-laws side.
Also, Parveen handed over a list consisting of eight names for jobs as against the five offered by the government. She has also demanded bravery award for her husband and wants the village renamed as Zia-ul-Haq Nagar.
Zia-ul-Haq, posted as Circle Officer in Kunda town, was allegedly killed by a mob in Pratapgarh when he had rushed there after village head Nanhe Yadav was shot dead over a land dispute. The village head`s brother Suresh also died of gunshot wounds.
In the FIR lodged by the DSP`s widow Parveen, she has accused former state minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya of conspiring to kill her husband.
Meanwhile, the Centre today handed over to CBI the probe into the killings of Pratapgarh Deputy Superintendent Police Zia-ul-Haq and two others following a request from the Uttar Pradesh gvernment.
CBI sources said the agency is likely to register today four cases in connection with the incident and start the probe into the killings during Saturday`s violence.
Raja Bhaiya, who resigned from the UP Cabinet after his name cropped up in the case, has refuted the charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details