Slain DSP`s wife for SC supervision on CBI inquiry
Deoria: Parveen Azad, wife of slain DSP Zia-ul-Haq on Thursday she felt the need of the Supreme Court supervision on the CBI inquiry into her husband`s death and taking legal opinion in this regard.
Talking to the reporters Azad said that she was feeling need of supervision by the SC so that Haq`s case may not take 30 years like the murder of former DSP K P Singh killed in Gonda on March 1982 and whose judgement was pronounced on April 4 last.
She was taking legal opinion in this regard, Haque`s widow
On her way to Lucknow from the native village of the DSP, Azad said that so far she has full faith in the probe being conducted by the CBI.
Azad said that if required she was ready to make any sacrifice to ensure that the assailants of her husband were punished.
She said that she could go to the extent of leaving police job and fight the case like a common man.
On a question that what would she do if former minister Raja Bhaiya was not found guilty in the CBI probe Azad said that she had accused other persons as well.
Azad said that next step would be taken after considering the situation.
Haq was shot dead in Balipur village, 75 km west of Pratapgarh district headquarters, on March 2.
After the murder of village head Nanhe Yadav, the Kunda circle officer had rushed to the spot and was killed by a mob. Nanhey`s brother, Suresh, was also killed.
Haq`s widow Parveen has alleged hand of Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya in the murder. Now CBI is probing the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu