Slain DSP`s wife joins as officer in UP Police
Lucknow: Wife of slain DSP Zia-Ul-Haq, who was shot dead in Pratapgarh on March 2, has joined as an officer on special duty, a post offered to her on compassionate grounds.
Haq`s widow Parveen Azad joined as the OSD in the office of the Director General of Police yesterday, IG (law and order) R K Vishwakarma said here.
When asked whether the brother of the deceased has also joined the services, Vishwakarma said Haq`s brother will be joining in Gorakhpur and "the status there is not yet known."
Earlier, Azad had refused to accept the job offered by the state government, saying that she would not accept anything lesser than a DSP`s post.
Haq was shot dead by an enraged mob when he had rushed to control the volatile situation after a village head was shot dead following a land dispute.
The name of Kunda MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh `Raja Bhaiya` had cropped up in the matter after which he had resigned from the state Cabinet.
The CBI, which was entrusted with the probe into the killing, had booked five persons in the case, out of whom two persons are under its custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened