Slain UP DSP`s wife, brother given govt jobs
Lucknow: The wife of slain DSP Zia-Ul-Haq was on Friday appointed as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) Welfare by the Uttar Pradesh government.
Brother of the slain officer was also appointed as constable.
"Parveen Azad has been made OSD Welfare while Haq`s brother, Sohrab Ali, was appointed constable welfare department," a home department spokesmen said here.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had promised government jobs to two members of the police officers family when he visited Deoria to meet the bereaved family earlier this week.
Haq, circle officer in Kunda from where Raja Bhaiya is a five-time MLA, was allegedly killed by a mob in Balipur village on Saturday when he had rushed there after a village head was shot dead over a land dispute.
The slain officer`s wife has alleged that Raja Bhaiya, who resigned from the state Cabinet after an FIR was filed against him, had a hand in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'