Slain UP DSP`s wife, brother given govt jobs
Lucknow: The wife of slain DSP Zia-Ul-Haq was on Friday appointed as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) Welfare by the Uttar Pradesh government.
Brother of the slain officer was also appointed as constable.
"Parveen Azad has been made OSD Welfare while Haq`s brother, Sohrab Ali, was appointed constable welfare department," a home department spokesmen said here.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had promised government jobs to two members of the police officers family when he visited Deoria to meet the bereaved family earlier this week.
Haq, circle officer in Kunda from where Raja Bhaiya is a five-time MLA, was allegedly killed by a mob in Balipur village on Saturday when he had rushed there after a village head was shot dead over a land dispute.
The slain officer`s wife has alleged that Raja Bhaiya, who resigned from the state Cabinet after an FIR was filed against him, had a hand in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj