Slain UP DSP`s wife, brother given govt jobs
Lucknow: The wife of slain DSP Zia-Ul-Haq was on Friday appointed as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) Welfare by the Uttar Pradesh government.
Brother of the slain officer was also appointed as constable.
"Parveen Azad has been made OSD Welfare while Haq`s brother, Sohrab Ali, was appointed constable welfare department," a home department spokesmen said here.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had promised government jobs to two members of the police officers family when he visited Deoria to meet the bereaved family earlier this week.
Haq, circle officer in Kunda from where Raja Bhaiya is a five-time MLA, was allegedly killed by a mob in Balipur village on Saturday when he had rushed there after a village head was shot dead over a land dispute.
The slain officer`s wife has alleged that Raja Bhaiya, who resigned from the state Cabinet after an FIR was filed against him, had a hand in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites