Slight respite from cold in UP
Lucknow: Bright sunshine at several places brought respite from biting cold in Uttar Pradesh with no fresh death reported from anywhere in the past 24 hours.
Met office sources said that night temperature fell markedly in Moradabad, Meerut divisions, fell in Allahabad and Kanpur divisions and changed little elsewhere.
They were appreciably above normal in Jhansi division, below normal in Gorakhpur, Meerut divisions and normal in other parts of the state.
The lowest minimum temperature was 1.0 degree Celsius, recorded in Muzaffarnagar, the sources said.
The Met officials said that rain or thundershowers would occur at one or two places in western part of the state and dense fog was likely at some places of the state in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves