Smack worth Rs 50 lakh seized; woman among four arrested
Allahabad: Four persons, including a woman,
have been arrested in the city for allegedly carrying smack
worth Rs 50 lakh in the international market, police said
The four persons, who were travelling by car late last
night, were caught during routine checking of vehicles in
Dhoomanganj police station area, police said.
They were found to be in possession of a packet containing
about half a kilogramme of smack worth Rs 50 lakh in the
international market, police alleged.
A case has been registered against the four persons under
the NDPS Act, while further investigations were on to find out
from where they got the narcotic substance, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed