Smita Bhaduri case: Court rejects plea to defer hearing
Ghaziabad: The special CBI court hearing the Smita Bhaduri encounter case of 2000 on Thursday turned down the defence counsel`s plea seeking deferment of the case by two days.
The case is scheduled to be taken up for next hearing tomorrow.
On January 14, 2000, 20-year-old Smita Bhaduri was killed, while her friend was grievously hurt, in an alleged fake encounter in Meerut district of Uttar Pradesh.
After widespread uproar over the matter, NHRC had taken a suo-motu cognisance of the killing and the case was subsequently handed over to CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?