Smita Bhaduri case: Court rejects plea to defer hearing
Ghaziabad: The special CBI court hearing the Smita Bhaduri encounter case of 2000 on Thursday turned down the defence counsel`s plea seeking deferment of the case by two days.
The case is scheduled to be taken up for next hearing tomorrow.
On January 14, 2000, 20-year-old Smita Bhaduri was killed, while her friend was grievously hurt, in an alleged fake encounter in Meerut district of Uttar Pradesh.
After widespread uproar over the matter, NHRC had taken a suo-motu cognisance of the killing and the case was subsequently handed over to CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert