Smita Bhaduri case: Court rejects plea to defer hearing
Ghaziabad: The special CBI court hearing the Smita Bhaduri encounter case of 2000 on Thursday turned down the defence counsel`s plea seeking deferment of the case by two days.
The case is scheduled to be taken up for next hearing tomorrow.
On January 14, 2000, 20-year-old Smita Bhaduri was killed, while her friend was grievously hurt, in an alleged fake encounter in Meerut district of Uttar Pradesh.
After widespread uproar over the matter, NHRC had taken a suo-motu cognisance of the killing and the case was subsequently handed over to CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai