Smita Bhaduri case: Court rejects plea to defer hearing
Ghaziabad: The special CBI court hearing the Smita Bhaduri encounter case of 2000 on Thursday turned down the defence counsel`s plea seeking deferment of the case by two days.
The case is scheduled to be taken up for next hearing tomorrow.
On January 14, 2000, 20-year-old Smita Bhaduri was killed, while her friend was grievously hurt, in an alleged fake encounter in Meerut district of Uttar Pradesh.
After widespread uproar over the matter, NHRC had taken a suo-motu cognisance of the killing and the case was subsequently handed over to CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon