Smita Bhaduri case: Court rejects plea to defer hearing
Ghaziabad: The special CBI court hearing the Smita Bhaduri encounter case of 2000 on Thursday turned down the defence counsel`s plea seeking deferment of the case by two days.
The case is scheduled to be taken up for next hearing tomorrow.
On January 14, 2000, 20-year-old Smita Bhaduri was killed, while her friend was grievously hurt, in an alleged fake encounter in Meerut district of Uttar Pradesh.
After widespread uproar over the matter, NHRC had taken a suo-motu cognisance of the killing and the case was subsequently handed over to CBI.
- UN chief appeals for re-launch of Syria ceasefire
- US panel wants Pak on list for religious freedom violations
- Two more days to put out forest fire in Uttarakhand, says Prakash Javadekar
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon