Smriti Irani`s poor show in Agra
Agra: It was not the content of what Smiriti Irani said at the "intellectuals` meeting” on Monday evening at a conclave in Agra, but the poor attendance, that is the talk of the town.
"May be Agra doesn`t have too many intellectuals," said insurance agent Sudheir Gupta. Home-maker Padmini reacted saying "the lack of interest in her meeting clearly is a pointer towards the gender bias of the male dominated BJP."
District BJP leaders however explained that since there was an important meeting at Hathras, most leaders were away and could not join the session addressed by Rajya Sabha member and party vice president Irani.
Smiriti lauded Narendra Modi`s development model and lashed out at UPA`s performance. She said votes for either BSP or SP would mean supporting the Congress which is neck deep in corruption.
She called Aam Admi Party the "B team of the Congress"while interacting with media persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video