Snowfall in higher reaches brings cold conditions in U`khand
Dehra Dun: Higher reaches of Himalayas today
received fresh snowfall in Uttarakhand while most of the lower areas experienced rainfall bringing cold conditions in the hill state.
Both the regions of Garhwal and Kumaon like Gangotri,
Yamunotri, Badrinath, Kedarnath, Hemkund sahib and Chakrata received snowfall while most of the lower areas, including the state capital experienced drizzle.
For the past two days, snowfall in higher reaches coupled
with rainfall in lower and plain areas have plummeted the
mercury forcing people to take out their woollens.
Met office here said the current weather conditions are
likely to continue for a day or two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH