Sobhan`s disciple claims Nalanda like civilisation in Unnao
Unnao: As Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) was busy excavating gold supposed to be buried under the ruins of a fort here, a disciple of seer Sobhan Sarkar on Tuesday claimed that ancient civilisation like Nalanda "will be recovered" after about 18 feet of digging at Daudiya Kheda.
Swami Omji told reporters that wait for excavation till 18 feet deep, after which remains of an ancient civilisation like Nalanda will be recovered at Raja Rao Ram Baksh Singh fort.
Meanwhile, Sub Divisional Magistrate Vijay Shanker Dubey said that 192 centimetre excavation has been done till the fifth day in which one nail, broken bangles and pottery has been recovered.
He said that excavation would remain suspended tomorrow.
The gold rush was triggered after the seer claimed that 1,000 tonnes of gold was laid buried in the ruins of Raja Rao Ram Baksh Singh fort.
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards