Social organisation booked for running `hukka bar`
Lucknow: A case was slapped against a social organisation in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh for running a "hukka bar" in garb of social service and cultural exchange, an official said Monday.
After receiving a series of complaints on social networking site Facebook, a police team raided the Kautilya Society at Dashvashmegh ghat Sunday and filed a case against nine people, including office bearers of the society, for fraud and under other sections of the Indian Penal Code.
An official said Monday that the society was running a hotel and a hukka parlour at its premises in which hundreds of foreign and domestic tourists were visiting.
After the local intelligence unit (LIU) submitted a report to the district police chief, a raid was ordered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1