Social welfare scam: FIR filed against 12 officials
Muzaffarnagar: The social welfare department here lodged a criminal case against twelve officials including a former district social welfare officer and three public sector bank managers for their alleged involvement in a multi-crore rupee scam.
An FIR was filed against twelve officials yesterday including former social welfare officer Gayasuddin, United Bank of India manager Dalip Kumar, Bank of Baroda managers Mahendra Singh and Bhopal Singh for opening 30 fake bank accounts in the scam of about Rs 45 crores, District Social Welfare Officer R S Yadav said here today.
They have been booked for the offences punishable under sections 420 (cheating), 467 (forgery of valuable security or will), 468 (forgery for purpose of cheating), 471 (using as genuine a forged document or electronic record), 409 (criminal breach of trust by public servant) of the Indian Penal Code, he added.
Former district social welfare officer, Rinku Singh Rahi, had alleged a multi-crore scam in the social welfare department by staging a dharna in Lucknow in 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender