Software eng murders wife, stuffs body in bed box
Noida: A 24-year-old software engineer
allegedly strangled to death his wife in Sector 11 here,
police said on Sunday.
Shavendra Mishra was arrested after the body of his
wife, Pragya (22), was found stuffed in a bed box in the wee
hours in their rented accommodation on the third floor of K
Block in Noida on the capital`s outskirts.
The couple, who hailed from Allahabad and were living
in the house for about a fortnight, were believed to be having
a strained relationship for some time.
They were married in 2005 and Pragya had started
living with her husband in 2009.
Last evening, Mishra allegedly strangled Pragya, who
was studying fashion designing, with an electric cord and hid
her body in the bed. However, he later called a relative and
told him about it after which the police arrived on the scene,
Mishra was currently working as a teacher with a
computer training institute.
Senior police officials were questioning other tenants
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?