Son of village head stabbed to death in clash
Muzaffarnagar: The son of a village head was
stabbed to death and six others injured when a clash broke out
during a panchayat meeting convened to hear a land dispute at
Bahupura village, police said today.
27-year-old Devraj, son of village head Padam Singh, was
stabbed to death while his two sons and a daughter were among
those injured when a group of people turned violent during the
community panchayat yesterday, Deputy SP Jawaherlal said.
The panchayat led by Singh was convened to decide the
land dispute between Radhey Lal and Hemraj at his residence.
After heated discussions, Hemraj and his family members turned
violent and killed Devraj, he said.
Police have registered a case of murder and attempt to
murder against Dharam Singh, relative of Hemraj, in this
The security has been tightened in the village to prevent
any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez