Son of village head stabbed to death in clash
Muzaffarnagar: The son of a village head was
stabbed to death and six others injured when a clash broke out
during a panchayat meeting convened to hear a land dispute at
Bahupura village, police said today.
27-year-old Devraj, son of village head Padam Singh, was
stabbed to death while his two sons and a daughter were among
those injured when a group of people turned violent during the
community panchayat yesterday, Deputy SP Jawaherlal said.
The panchayat led by Singh was convened to decide the
land dispute between Radhey Lal and Hemraj at his residence.
After heated discussions, Hemraj and his family members turned
violent and killed Devraj, he said.
Police have registered a case of murder and attempt to
murder against Dharam Singh, relative of Hemraj, in this
The security has been tightened in the village to prevent
any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video