Son of village head stabbed to death in clash
Muzaffarnagar: The son of a village head was
stabbed to death and six others injured when a clash broke out
during a panchayat meeting convened to hear a land dispute at
Bahupura village, police said today.
27-year-old Devraj, son of village head Padam Singh, was
stabbed to death while his two sons and a daughter were among
those injured when a group of people turned violent during the
community panchayat yesterday, Deputy SP Jawaherlal said.
The panchayat led by Singh was convened to decide the
land dispute between Radhey Lal and Hemraj at his residence.
After heated discussions, Hemraj and his family members turned
violent and killed Devraj, he said.
Police have registered a case of murder and attempt to
murder against Dharam Singh, relative of Hemraj, in this
The security has been tightened in the village to prevent
any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next