Son of village head stabbed to death in clash
Muzaffarnagar: The son of a village head was
stabbed to death and six others injured when a clash broke out
during a panchayat meeting convened to hear a land dispute at
Bahupura village, police said today.
27-year-old Devraj, son of village head Padam Singh, was
stabbed to death while his two sons and a daughter were among
those injured when a group of people turned violent during the
community panchayat yesterday, Deputy SP Jawaherlal said.
The panchayat led by Singh was convened to decide the
land dispute between Radhey Lal and Hemraj at his residence.
After heated discussions, Hemraj and his family members turned
violent and killed Devraj, he said.
Police have registered a case of murder and attempt to
murder against Dharam Singh, relative of Hemraj, in this
The security has been tightened in the village to prevent
any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli