Sonia Gandhi gifts host of schemes to Raebareli
Raebareli: Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Monday gifted a number of schemes to the people of her Lok Sabha constituency here that included road projects, new bank branches, FM radio station and a railway line, among others.
Gandhi, who landed at the Fursatganj airport this morning, laid foundation of over 50 roads under Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojna, connecting various villages of the district.
She also inaugurated a water treatment plant that will cater to 110 villages, and dedicated an FM radio station at Akashwani premises on Amawan Road.
FM Rainbow, available at a frequency of 102.8 mhz, will cater to the information and entertainment needs of the people.
Gandhi also inaugurated 13 branches of United Bank of India at Harchandpur block and laid foundation of the Raebareli-Maharajganj-Akbarganj railway line.
The proposed rail link will bring Mahrajganj tehsil of Raebareli on the railway map. Besides, Raebareli will also be connected to Faizabad by the shortest railway route.
During her short visit that lasted for nearly four hours, Gandhi neither talked to the media, nor did she address any public meeting.
She, however, talked to the people of her constituency at some places and discussed their problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress