Sonia Gandhi meets riot victims in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: Congress president Sonia Gandhi interacted with the riot-affected victims in Uttar Pradesh`s Muzaffarnagar city on Monday.
Gandhi was seen talking to the women, who expressed their concerns to her post the violence, which has claimed over 40 lives.
Gandhi consoled the women, who looked quite satisfied with the gesture shown by her.
Gandhi, who arrived here with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi to make an on the spot assessment of the situation post the violence, will also be visiting the hospitals along with the two leaders to meet those injured and presently undergoing treatment.
Violence broke out in the Kawal area of Muzaffarnagar earlier this month when members of a community returning from a panchayat meeting in Naglabadhod, three kilometres from Kawal, clashed with members of another community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living