Sonia Gandhi to inaugurate FM station in Rae Bareli
Lucknow: Congress president and United Progressive Alliance (UPA) chairperson Sonia Gandhi will arrive on a day`s visit to her parliamentary constituency Rae Bareli on Monday. The Congress leader would be inaugurating an FM radio station of Aakashwani, the newly-constructed premises of the rail coach factory, and a post office.
She would also be laying the foundation stone of a girls` education institute, and kick start a solar energy lighting project.
She is set to preside over a district level meeting too, before leaving for New Delhi in the evening.
"This visit is largely focussed on developmental projects, but Sonia Gandhi would also be interacting with party workers briefly," a Congress spokesperson said.
Gandhi`s representative in Rae Bareli, KL Sharma, said the solar energy lighting project was being commissioned with the help of the energy department and the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!