Sonia Gandhi to inaugurate FM station in Rae Bareli
Lucknow: Congress president and United Progressive Alliance (UPA) chairperson Sonia Gandhi will arrive on a day`s visit to her parliamentary constituency Rae Bareli on Monday. The Congress leader would be inaugurating an FM radio station of Aakashwani, the newly-constructed premises of the rail coach factory, and a post office.
She would also be laying the foundation stone of a girls` education institute, and kick start a solar energy lighting project.
She is set to preside over a district level meeting too, before leaving for New Delhi in the evening.
"This visit is largely focussed on developmental projects, but Sonia Gandhi would also be interacting with party workers briefly," a Congress spokesperson said.
Gandhi`s representative in Rae Bareli, KL Sharma, said the solar energy lighting project was being commissioned with the help of the energy department and the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic