Sonia Gandhi to inaugurate FM station in Rae Bareli
Lucknow: Congress president and United Progressive Alliance (UPA) chairperson Sonia Gandhi will arrive on a day`s visit to her parliamentary constituency Rae Bareli on Monday. The Congress leader would be inaugurating an FM radio station of Aakashwani, the newly-constructed premises of the rail coach factory, and a post office.
She would also be laying the foundation stone of a girls` education institute, and kick start a solar energy lighting project.
She is set to preside over a district level meeting too, before leaving for New Delhi in the evening.
"This visit is largely focussed on developmental projects, but Sonia Gandhi would also be interacting with party workers briefly," a Congress spokesperson said.
Gandhi`s representative in Rae Bareli, KL Sharma, said the solar energy lighting project was being commissioned with the help of the energy department and the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'