Sonia Gandhi to visit Rae Bareli Monday
Lucknow: Congress president Sonia Gandhi will undertake a three-day tour of her parliamentary constituency Rae Bareli in Uttar Pradesh starting Monday to review developmental schemes, a party official said Saturday.
"Sonia-ji’s main objective behind the tour is to evaluate and monitor welfare schemes and developmental work in Rae Bareli. She is expected to reach Rae Bareli at around 11 in the morning," party spokesperson in the state Akhilesh Pratap Singh told reporters here.
"During her three-day tour, Sonia-ji will meet party activists and could make surprise inspections in several villages to see the ground reality of central government-funded developmental projects," he said.
According to party sources, the Congress chief may also hold `chaupals’, or village square meetings, to know the peoples` problems and receive feedback about developmental schemes.
Her visit follows the one last week by Microsoft chairman and global philanthropist Bill Gates who has expressed interest in funding some welfare projects in Rae Bareli and nearby Amethi, the constituency of Rahul Gandhi, who had accompanied him there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!