Sonia inspects projects at Rae Bareli
Rae Bareli: Congress president, Sonia Gandhi
today met party workers, leaders and MLAs at the NTPC guest
house here and took stock of the ongoing development projects
in her constituency.
She heard the grievances of her partymen during a meeting
at the guest house in Uchahar and assured them of quick
Though mediapersons were not allowed in the meeting,
party members said besides taking feedback on the progress of
development works, specially under the centrally sponsored
schemes, Gandhi directed her workers to keep a close watch on
She later attended the district monitoring committee
meeting in the collectorate compound after which she will
continue her informal mass contact programme in various
villages of her constituency before leaving for New Delhi
later in the day, they said.
During the spot inspection of development projects in
various villages yesterday Gandhi had expressed displeasure
over the ongoing works at certain places and instructed
district officials to look into the complaints of the people.
Meanwhile late last night, local BSP leader and incharge
of Tiloi assembly constituency, Dinesh Singh joined the
Congress in the presence of Gandhi.
Party workers said he has been nominated as party
candidate for the forthcoming Vidhan Parishad elections in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police