Sonia inspects projects at Rae Bareli
Rae Bareli: Congress president, Sonia Gandhi
today met party workers, leaders and MLAs at the NTPC guest
house here and took stock of the ongoing development projects
in her constituency.
She heard the grievances of her partymen during a meeting
at the guest house in Uchahar and assured them of quick
Though mediapersons were not allowed in the meeting,
party members said besides taking feedback on the progress of
development works, specially under the centrally sponsored
schemes, Gandhi directed her workers to keep a close watch on
She later attended the district monitoring committee
meeting in the collectorate compound after which she will
continue her informal mass contact programme in various
villages of her constituency before leaving for New Delhi
later in the day, they said.
During the spot inspection of development projects in
various villages yesterday Gandhi had expressed displeasure
over the ongoing works at certain places and instructed
district officials to look into the complaints of the people.
Meanwhile late last night, local BSP leader and incharge
of Tiloi assembly constituency, Dinesh Singh joined the
Congress in the presence of Gandhi.
Party workers said he has been nominated as party
candidate for the forthcoming Vidhan Parishad elections in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Pacts to maintain peace along Indo-China border must be respected: Beijing
- Police in Florida shoot black man lying on ground
- 122 pilots failed alcohol tests between 2013 and June 2016:Government
- Sexual harassment case: One witness denied allegations against Kumar Vishwas: Police to HC
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused bail plea