Sonia, Rahul likely to visit Maha Kumbh during February 5-9
Allahabad: Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice president Rahul Gandhi are likely to visit the ongoing Maha Kumbh congregation here next month.
Local Congress leader Abhay Awasthi, who received party general secretary Janardan Dwivedi during "an unscheduled and confidential visit to the city last evening" to take stock of preparations in regard to their visit, said, "Sonia ji and Rahul Ji are likely to come, separately, between February 5 and February 9".
During his visit, Dwivedi met Shankaracharya of Dwarka Peeth Swami Swaroopanand Saraswati at Mankameshwar temple on the banks of the Yamuna and later also went to the camp of Swami Avadheshanand Giri, a Mahamandaleshwar of Joona Akhara, at the Maha Kumbh ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read