Sonia, Rahul likely to visit Maha Kumbh during February 5-9
Allahabad: Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice president Rahul Gandhi are likely to visit the ongoing Maha Kumbh congregation here next month.
Local Congress leader Abhay Awasthi, who received party general secretary Janardan Dwivedi during "an unscheduled and confidential visit to the city last evening" to take stock of preparations in regard to their visit, said, "Sonia ji and Rahul Ji are likely to come, separately, between February 5 and February 9".
During his visit, Dwivedi met Shankaracharya of Dwarka Peeth Swami Swaroopanand Saraswati at Mankameshwar temple on the banks of the Yamuna and later also went to the camp of Swami Avadheshanand Giri, a Mahamandaleshwar of Joona Akhara, at the Maha Kumbh ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan