Sonia, Rahul likely to visit Maha Kumbh during February 5-9
Allahabad: Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice president Rahul Gandhi are likely to visit the ongoing Maha Kumbh congregation here next month.
Local Congress leader Abhay Awasthi, who received party general secretary Janardan Dwivedi during "an unscheduled and confidential visit to the city last evening" to take stock of preparations in regard to their visit, said, "Sonia ji and Rahul Ji are likely to come, separately, between February 5 and February 9".
During his visit, Dwivedi met Shankaracharya of Dwarka Peeth Swami Swaroopanand Saraswati at Mankameshwar temple on the banks of the Yamuna and later also went to the camp of Swami Avadheshanand Giri, a Mahamandaleshwar of Joona Akhara, at the Maha Kumbh ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video