Sonia, Rahul likely to visit Maha Kumbh during February 5-9
Allahabad: Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice president Rahul Gandhi are likely to visit the ongoing Maha Kumbh congregation here next month.
Local Congress leader Abhay Awasthi, who received party general secretary Janardan Dwivedi during "an unscheduled and confidential visit to the city last evening" to take stock of preparations in regard to their visit, said, "Sonia ji and Rahul Ji are likely to come, separately, between February 5 and February 9".
During his visit, Dwivedi met Shankaracharya of Dwarka Peeth Swami Swaroopanand Saraswati at Mankameshwar temple on the banks of the Yamuna and later also went to the camp of Swami Avadheshanand Giri, a Mahamandaleshwar of Joona Akhara, at the Maha Kumbh ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16