Sonia to inaugurate coach factory in Rae Bareily
Lucknow: Congress president Sonia Gandhi will inaugurate a rail coach factory in her parliamentary constituency Rae Bareily in Uttar Pradesh Nov 7, an official said Saturday.
The inauguration was scheduled for July 7 last year but could not take place as farmers who had given their land for the project were yet to get jobs in the railways as promised.
Other than inaugurating the coach factory, Gandhi would also hand over job offers to 613 farmers, the official told a news agency.
Work on assembling the coaches has begun at the factory in Lalganj. The coaches are being used in Rajdhani and Shatatabdi trains.
The factory is the third of its kind in the country. It can produce 1,000 stainless steel coaches in a year, said the official.
Set up at a cost of Rs 1,685 crore, it is spread over 550 hectares.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!