Sonia winds up 3-day tour of her Rae Bareli constituency
Rae Bareli: It was not just electorate of
her constituency who kept Congress president Sonia Gandhi busy
on the last day of her three-day tour of her parliamentary
seat today, but a woman Congress worker from Andhra Pradesh
travelled all the way to apprise her about situation there
after demise of popular leader Rajshekhra Reddy.
A lady Congress worker from Nellore district of
Andhra Pradesh P Yashodhra came all the way here to meet
Gandhi and acquaint her about situation in her home state
after demise of former CM Rajshekhra Reddy, who died in a
plane crash last year, party sources said.
Yashodhra, a dedicated party worker,also suggested
steps to strengthen party organisation in the southern state.
After giving a patient hearing, Gandhi, however, told
her that she was on tour of her home constituency, Rae Bareli
and was concentrating on problems of people there and asked
the lady to come with the details to New Delhi.
Gandhi, who criss-crossed her Parliamentary
constituency during three-day tour, on the last day met scores
of rural people to get first hand account of progress of
various development schemes launched by the centre.
She also met several delegations and individuals at
ITI guest house since morning and heard their problems.
Visitors included individuals like parents of a young
girl, who had been ill for a long time, shiksha mitras
demanding regularisation of service and local lawyers who
wanted time from her for inauguration of a library and
financial help for construction of a meeting hall.
Officials of NTPC also met Congress president amidst
reports of disruption of power supply in her adjoining room
yesterday ostensibly to clarify the matter.
The locals who met Gandhi among other problems raised
the issue of irregular power supply and reminded her that she
had promised to make special arrangement for Rae Bareli and
Amethi directly from the NTPC.
The Congress president, who was kept busy till late
in the afternoon, later left for Lucknow to board a flight for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31