South Korean tourist drowns in Ganga
Varanasi: A South Korean tourist drowned in the Ganga near Munshi Ghat on Monday.
Hawang Syong Hawan (21) had jumped into the water for fun following two of his friends when they were travelling in a boat here, police said.
Hawang was soon drawn into deep water, they said, adding that he was part of a batch of South Korean tourists who had arrived yesterday and had come to the ghat for a visit.
His body was recovered by divers and has been sent for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery