South Korean tourist drowns in Ganga
Varanasi: A South Korean tourist drowned in the Ganga near Munshi Ghat on Monday.
Hawang Syong Hawan (21) had jumped into the water for fun following two of his friends when they were travelling in a boat here, police said.
Hawang was soon drawn into deep water, they said, adding that he was part of a batch of South Korean tourists who had arrived yesterday and had come to the ghat for a visit.
His body was recovered by divers and has been sent for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing