South Korean tourist drowns in Ganga
Varanasi: A South Korean tourist drowned in the Ganga near Munshi Ghat on Monday.
Hawang Syong Hawan (21) had jumped into the water for fun following two of his friends when they were travelling in a boat here, police said.
Hawang was soon drawn into deep water, they said, adding that he was part of a batch of South Korean tourists who had arrived yesterday and had come to the ghat for a visit.
His body was recovered by divers and has been sent for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption