South Korean tourist drowns in Ganga
Varanasi: A South Korean tourist drowned in the Ganga near Munshi Ghat on Monday.
Hawang Syong Hawan (21) had jumped into the water for fun following two of his friends when they were travelling in a boat here, police said.
Hawang was soon drawn into deep water, they said, adding that he was part of a batch of South Korean tourists who had arrived yesterday and had come to the ghat for a visit.
His body was recovered by divers and has been sent for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- India 'A' leads table with 11 points despite match with South Africa 'A' being abandoned due to rain
- Sakshi Malik's felicitation ceremony: Fans disappointed, as Netas hog limelight, wrestler doesn't get to speak
- All Audi India models to get petrol engines by Q1 2017
- India vs West Indies, 1st T20I Preview: Two countries enter new world of cricket in United States
- IIT-Bombay has blacklisted these 9 companies from placements for one year