South Korean tourist drowns in Ganga
Varanasi: A South Korean tourist drowned in the Ganga near Munshi Ghat on Monday.
Hawang Syong Hawan (21) had jumped into the water for fun following two of his friends when they were travelling in a boat here, police said.
Hawang was soon drawn into deep water, they said, adding that he was part of a batch of South Korean tourists who had arrived yesterday and had come to the ghat for a visit.
His body was recovered by divers and has been sent for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical