SP accuses UP Govt of harassing party workers
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party state president
Akhilesh Yadav today accused the BSP government of harassing
party workers in a bid to foil the party-sponsored bandh
against the price rise issue.
"A large number of SP leaders and workers have been
arrested by police since last night on the directives of the
state government in a bid to crush general strike call given
by the SP tomorrow," Yadav alleged.
"There is an undemocratic government in the state,
which on the one hand is staging a drama of launching an
agitation and on the other, crushing democratic rights of the
Opposition," he said.
Yadav said that all the district units were directed
to ensure successful strike against price rise and rampant
corruption in the state.
"But the BSP government is attacking rights of the
people. Fearing success of SP`s agitation it has unleashed
administrative terrorism," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Sister aka stylist Rhea Kapoor speaks about Sonam's fashion secrets
- Overhaul Indian sports bodies and de-link from Political patronage to overcome Rio fiasco: CPI-M
- Fawad Khan has short yet pivotal role in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil': Karan Johar
- Looks like it takes a lot of men to doll up Sunny Leone- See pic
- Lemon: An ideal ingredient for your glowing skin, good health