SP accuses UP Govt of harassing party workers
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party state president
Akhilesh Yadav today accused the BSP government of harassing
party workers in a bid to foil the party-sponsored bandh
against the price rise issue.
"A large number of SP leaders and workers have been
arrested by police since last night on the directives of the
state government in a bid to crush general strike call given
by the SP tomorrow," Yadav alleged.
"There is an undemocratic government in the state,
which on the one hand is staging a drama of launching an
agitation and on the other, crushing democratic rights of the
Opposition," he said.
Yadav said that all the district units were directed
to ensure successful strike against price rise and rampant
corruption in the state.
"But the BSP government is attacking rights of the
people. Fearing success of SP`s agitation it has unleashed
administrative terrorism," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre