SP activists booked under IPC in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A case against 25 Samajwadi
Party activists including a city president was registered for
allegedly violating prohibitary orders issued during the March
9 agitation, police said on Friday.
A case against city president Ansar among 25 others was
registered under various sections of the Indian Penal Code
(IPC) yesterday, they said.
The activists had also burnt an effigy of UP Chief
Minister Mayawati during the agitation on March 9, police
The SP workers had called for a three-day long agitation
from March 7-9 to press for ouster of the Mayawati government
in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof