SP activists booked under IPC in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A case against 25 Samajwadi
Party activists including a city president was registered for
allegedly violating prohibitary orders issued during the March
9 agitation, police said on Friday.
A case against city president Ansar among 25 others was
registered under various sections of the Indian Penal Code
(IPC) yesterday, they said.
The activists had also burnt an effigy of UP Chief
Minister Mayawati during the agitation on March 9, police
The SP workers had called for a three-day long agitation
from March 7-9 to press for ouster of the Mayawati government
in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi