SP activists booked under IPC in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A case against 25 Samajwadi
Party activists including a city president was registered for
allegedly violating prohibitary orders issued during the March
9 agitation, police said on Friday.
A case against city president Ansar among 25 others was
registered under various sections of the Indian Penal Code
(IPC) yesterday, they said.
The activists had also burnt an effigy of UP Chief
Minister Mayawati during the agitation on March 9, police
The SP workers had called for a three-day long agitation
from March 7-9 to press for ouster of the Mayawati government
in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport