SP activists booked under IPC in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A case against 25 Samajwadi
Party activists including a city president was registered for
allegedly violating prohibitary orders issued during the March
9 agitation, police said on Friday.
A case against city president Ansar among 25 others was
registered under various sections of the Indian Penal Code
(IPC) yesterday, they said.
The activists had also burnt an effigy of UP Chief
Minister Mayawati during the agitation on March 9, police
The SP workers had called for a three-day long agitation
from March 7-9 to press for ouster of the Mayawati government
in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan