SP announces candidate for Saharanpur LS seat
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party on Friday announced its candidate for the Saharanpur Lok Sabha seat and changed its nominees at four places.
"SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav has announced Firoz Aftab as the party candidate for Saharanpur Lok Sabha constituency," SP national general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav said in a statement issued here.
He said the party has replaced Anuradha Chaudhary with Amir Alam in Bijnor. Once considered a close confidant of the RLD chief, Chaudhary had joined the SP last year.
Panchayati Raj Minister Balram Yadav, who was given a ticket from Azamgarh, has been replaced by Hawaldar Singh.
Yadav had expressed his inability to contest the polls. Moreover, there was a demand from local workers that Mulayam`s younger son Prateek Yadav should contest from Azamgarh.
From Gonda constituency, Rahul Shukla would be the SP nominee in place of Kirti Vardhan Singh, son of Agriculture Minister Anand Singh.
In Aligarh, Zafar Alam has been named in place of Kajal Sharma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you