SP, BJP behind Muzaffarnagar riots: Jitin Prasada
Jaunpur (UP): Union minister Jitin Prasada on Monday alleged both the Samajwadi Party and the BJP were behind the Muzaffarnagar communal violence.
Talking to reporters here, he accused both the parties of spreading hatred to garner votes in coming lok Sabha polls.
"Both SP and BJP are devoid of any programmes and are speading hatred to gain votes," the minister of State for HRD said alleging both these parties were behind the Muzaffarnagar riots.
Holding the SP-led state government responsible for the recent Muzaffarnagar and Meerut violence, he said "no one can do anything if the administration does not allow it."
Alleging the Uttar Pradesh government had failed on law and order and other fronts, Prasada said for the first time in 20 years, army had to be deployed to control the situation in Muzaffarnagar.
The Congress leader alleged the Samajwadi Party had not fulfilled promises made to the people at the time of assembly elections.
He said the BJP was "misleading" the people by making unneccessary accusations.
On Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi`s outburst on the ordinance on tainted lawmakers, he said everybody had the right to express his or her views.
Gandhi expressed them when he found it right to do so, Prasada said.
The minister said the country`s first women university would be opened in Rae Bareli in the name of Indira Gandhi.
A central school could be set up in Jaunpur district provided the state government gave land for it, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what