SP, BJP behind Muzaffarnagar riots: Jitin Prasada
Jaunpur (UP): Union minister Jitin Prasada on Monday alleged both the Samajwadi Party and the BJP were behind the Muzaffarnagar communal violence.
Talking to reporters here, he accused both the parties of spreading hatred to garner votes in coming lok Sabha polls.
"Both SP and BJP are devoid of any programmes and are speading hatred to gain votes," the minister of State for HRD said alleging both these parties were behind the Muzaffarnagar riots.
Holding the SP-led state government responsible for the recent Muzaffarnagar and Meerut violence, he said "no one can do anything if the administration does not allow it."
Alleging the Uttar Pradesh government had failed on law and order and other fronts, Prasada said for the first time in 20 years, army had to be deployed to control the situation in Muzaffarnagar.
The Congress leader alleged the Samajwadi Party had not fulfilled promises made to the people at the time of assembly elections.
He said the BJP was "misleading" the people by making unneccessary accusations.
On Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi`s outburst on the ordinance on tainted lawmakers, he said everybody had the right to express his or her views.
Gandhi expressed them when he found it right to do so, Prasada said.
The minister said the country`s first women university would be opened in Rae Bareli in the name of Indira Gandhi.
A central school could be set up in Jaunpur district provided the state government gave land for it, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves