SP blames `weak` foreign policy for Azam Khan`s de
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party on Saturday said the detention of UP minister Azam Khan at a US airport was fallout of a "weak" foreign policy of the country.
SP said the US should be told that such "discriminatory" actions would henceforth not be tolerated.
"The incident of misbehaviour with Khan is a fallout of weak foreign policy due to which India is emerging as a weak nation in the eyes of the entire world... Countries like Maldives, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Nepal have also started browbeating India. China has entered Indian teritory..." SP spokesman and state Cabinet minister Rajendra Chowdhury said.
"It should be made clear (to US) that such incidents with Indians will not be tolerated any more. Discrimination in the name of caste and colour should be immediately stopped by the US," Chowdhury said.
Supporting UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s stand of not going ahead with his scheduled lecture at Harvard University in the light of the incident, Chowdhury said that he had shown his political maturity by doing so.
"He has protected national self-respect by cancelling his lecture," Chowdhury said, comparing the UP CM with Dr Ram Manohar Lohia, who, according to him, too was arrested in US in a similar case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price