SP-BSP tussle disrupts Lok Sabha proceedings
New Delhi: The tussle between arch-rivals SP
and BSP Tuesday led to disruption of proceedings in the Lok
Sabha briefly, with SP members demanding dismissal of Mayawati
government in Uttar Pradesh.
As soon as Speaker Meira Kumar concluded her reference on
International Women`s Day, SP members began raising slogans
demanding dismissal of the Uttar Pradesh government,
complaining that it was showing "dictatorial tendencies".
With the slogan shouting hampering the conduct of Question
Hour, the Speaker allowed SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav to make
a brief statement.
Yadav thanked the Speaker and Home Minister P Chidambaram
for saving his honour following the "attempts to humiliate"
him by the Uttar Pradesh government.
The SP leader said he was disallowed from proceeding to
Delhi to attend Parliament where he wanted to participate in
the debate on railway budget.
"I thank you and the Home Minister. There were attempts to
humiliate me and you saved my honour," Yadav said.
"Barricades were raised near my house and a large posse of
policemen surrounded my house and prevented me and Akhilesh
(Mulayam`s son and Kannauj MP) from proceeding to the Lucknow
airport to board a plane for Delhi," he said.
"It was only after intervention from you (Speaker) and
the Home Minister that the restrictions were lifted," he said.
As Yadav was speaking, members from his party trooped to
the Well demanding action against guilty state government
officials and dismissal of the UP government.
At this point, BSP leader Dara Singh Chauhan claimed that
Yadav was misleading the House and wanted the Home Minister to
make a statement on the issue and place the facts.
"We are getting the matter investigated thoroughly," the
Speaker said and asked Yadav to ask his party members to
return to their seat.
Following the assurances from the Speaker, the SP members
returned to their seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof