SP can offer alternative at Centre, says Mulayam
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Wednesday described the ongoing phase in the country`s politics as a "transition period" and said his party can offer an "alternative" at the Centre.
Yadav was addressing party workers after a meeting of district and city presidents at SP headquarters here.
The former UP chief minister asked the party cadres to prepare themselves for the next Lok Sabha polls and maintain better co-ordination between the government and the organisation.
"It is a transition period in the politics and SP was an alternative, therefore, the workers should go among the people with discipline and clean behaviour," he said.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has done hard work and accelerated developmental, which should be taken to the people, Yadav said.
He alleged that opposition parties were behaving in an "undemocratic" manner, spreading canard about the government and people must be informed about the reality.
"We want that policies in the interest of farmers, youths, minorities and women are implemented," he said.
He said that it was the responsibility of the district organisations to monitor works of the government and review development works.
The SP supremo said that the workers should remain cautious of the conspiracies to malign the image of the government and the organisation.
"Real power was in Delhi and there was a need to repeat the miracle UP," he said.
"In Lok Sabha elections, we should send so many MPs that the SP becomes capable of getting socialist policies implemented by the Centre," Yadav said.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav told the party workers that their responsibility has increased after the formation of SP government.
"Our performance will help us in Lok Sabha elections. We can make an effective interference in central politics only by increasing our number if Lok Sabha," he said.
National general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav said the people have great expectations from the government and it was the right time to implement socialist policies and programmes.
Emphasising on discipline he said that no person was permitted to misuse the power and if any minister overlooks development then it would not be in the interest of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo