SP cancels assembly tickets of 13 leaders
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party on Thursday cancelled
assembly tickets of its 13 leaders including a former minister
for allegedly not taking interest in election preparations.
"Party state president Akhilesh Yadav has cancelled
tickets given to 13 leaders for not taking interest in
election preparations, preparing booth committees and making
active booth level members," a party release issued here said.
The leaders whose tickets were cancelled included Ravidas
Malhotra from Lucknow central, Vinod Kumar Singh alias Pandit
Singh, who was minister in Mulayam Singh Yadav`s government
from Gonda, Baijnath Dubey from Katra Bazar seat (Gonda)
besides Madan Chauhan from Gadhmukteshwar and Anup Gupta from
Of the total 403 seats, the party has declared candidates
for over 350 assembly seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon