SP cancels assembly tickets of 13 leaders
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party on Thursday cancelled
assembly tickets of its 13 leaders including a former minister
for allegedly not taking interest in election preparations.
"Party state president Akhilesh Yadav has cancelled
tickets given to 13 leaders for not taking interest in
election preparations, preparing booth committees and making
active booth level members," a party release issued here said.
The leaders whose tickets were cancelled included Ravidas
Malhotra from Lucknow central, Vinod Kumar Singh alias Pandit
Singh, who was minister in Mulayam Singh Yadav`s government
from Gonda, Baijnath Dubey from Katra Bazar seat (Gonda)
besides Madan Chauhan from Gadhmukteshwar and Anup Gupta from
Of the total 403 seats, the party has declared candidates
for over 350 assembly seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj