SP chief doesn`t have faith in CM, UP govt: Opposition
Lucknow: Opposition parties on Tuesday said SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav`s comment, that he would have changed law and order perception in the state within 15 days had he been in place of CM, indicated party`s lack of faith in its chief minister and government.
"With the SP chief pointing out shortcomings of the government in public, it shows that Akhilesh Yadav is not being able to perform his duties satisfactorily," BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said.
"If the SP chief is really so concerned about the well-being of the people, why does he not take over the reins from his son?" Pathak said, adding that according to statistics, crime has shot up during the SP regime under Akhilesh Yadav.
Congress spokesman Dwijendra Tripathi said Mulayam`s statement proved that the SP has lost faith in its government and chief minister.
"This is not the first time the SP chief is raising a finger at his own government... His statement again proves that the party has lost faith in the government," Tripathi said.
Tripathi also recalled the time when Mulayam was the chief minister of the state and said, "No one has forgotten it till now".
Mulayam today told reporters, "Had I been in place of Akhilesh, I would have ensured change (in perception) on law and order front in 15 days".
He also advised Akhilesh not to hesitate in sending errant officers to jail.
"District Magistrates and SPs should be made responsible for law and order and, if needed, action can be initiated against them. Those (officers) who are not listening or not following law should be sent to jail," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory