SP chief doesn`t have faith in CM, UP govt: Opposition
Lucknow: Opposition parties on Tuesday said SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav`s comment, that he would have changed law and order perception in the state within 15 days had he been in place of CM, indicated party`s lack of faith in its chief minister and government.
"With the SP chief pointing out shortcomings of the government in public, it shows that Akhilesh Yadav is not being able to perform his duties satisfactorily," BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said.
"If the SP chief is really so concerned about the well-being of the people, why does he not take over the reins from his son?" Pathak said, adding that according to statistics, crime has shot up during the SP regime under Akhilesh Yadav.
Congress spokesman Dwijendra Tripathi said Mulayam`s statement proved that the SP has lost faith in its government and chief minister.
"This is not the first time the SP chief is raising a finger at his own government... His statement again proves that the party has lost faith in the government," Tripathi said.
Tripathi also recalled the time when Mulayam was the chief minister of the state and said, "No one has forgotten it till now".
Mulayam today told reporters, "Had I been in place of Akhilesh, I would have ensured change (in perception) on law and order front in 15 days".
He also advised Akhilesh not to hesitate in sending errant officers to jail.
"District Magistrates and SPs should be made responsible for law and order and, if needed, action can be initiated against them. Those (officers) who are not listening or not following law should be sent to jail," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- China builds massive seaplane: State media
- 'Aam Aadmi Party has anti-women character'
- WATCH: 4 wickets in 6 balls - When Ajit Agarkar bowled devastating last over against Australia
- Watch: Special 'Justice League' Comic-Con 2016 footage will give you goosebumps!
- Air India to get 6 more Boeing Dreamliners by next year