SP chief doesn`t have faith in CM, UP govt: Opposition
Lucknow: Opposition parties on Tuesday said SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav`s comment, that he would have changed law and order perception in the state within 15 days had he been in place of CM, indicated party`s lack of faith in its chief minister and government.
"With the SP chief pointing out shortcomings of the government in public, it shows that Akhilesh Yadav is not being able to perform his duties satisfactorily," BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said.
"If the SP chief is really so concerned about the well-being of the people, why does he not take over the reins from his son?" Pathak said, adding that according to statistics, crime has shot up during the SP regime under Akhilesh Yadav.
Congress spokesman Dwijendra Tripathi said Mulayam`s statement proved that the SP has lost faith in its government and chief minister.
"This is not the first time the SP chief is raising a finger at his own government... His statement again proves that the party has lost faith in the government," Tripathi said.
Tripathi also recalled the time when Mulayam was the chief minister of the state and said, "No one has forgotten it till now".
Mulayam today told reporters, "Had I been in place of Akhilesh, I would have ensured change (in perception) on law and order front in 15 days".
He also advised Akhilesh not to hesitate in sending errant officers to jail.
"District Magistrates and SPs should be made responsible for law and order and, if needed, action can be initiated against them. Those (officers) who are not listening or not following law should be sent to jail," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow