SP, Congress trying to create fear psychosis among Muslims: BJP
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday questioned the actions taken by the central government post the violence in Uttar Pradesh`s Muzaffarnagar district.
BJP spokesperson Sudhanshu Trivedi alleged that the Samajwadi Party (SP) and the ruling Congress Party are having a common aim of creating a fear psychosis among Muslims to polarise votes in their favour.
"That`s why they are hand-in-glove in Delhi they are running the government with their mutual support, and in Lucknow they are trying to have a fake fighting," he added.
Trivedi dubbed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi`s visit to riot-hit Muzaffarnagar as extremely unfortunate.
Trivedi said: "I am saying unfortunate? The reason being it has come very late and without any effective action. When everybody was watching that the Samajwadi Party government of UP has totally failed on the constitutional, administrative and political aspect. And, all political parties cutting the across party lines, have asked for the dismissal of the government and imposition of the President`s rule."
"But this Congress Government, forget about the imposition of President`s rule. They not even done a single thing to intervene in the government, they have not issued any warning to the government, and even, they have not taken pains to issue any advisory to the government," he added.
The Prime Minister, who visited the clashes-affected areas of Bassi Kalan, Taawli and Barvala earlier in the day, said the perpetrators of Muzaffarnagar violence will be given strict punishment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday