SP, Congress trying to create fear psychosis among Muslims: BJP
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday questioned the actions taken by the central government post the violence in Uttar Pradesh`s Muzaffarnagar district.
BJP spokesperson Sudhanshu Trivedi alleged that the Samajwadi Party (SP) and the ruling Congress Party are having a common aim of creating a fear psychosis among Muslims to polarise votes in their favour.
"That`s why they are hand-in-glove in Delhi they are running the government with their mutual support, and in Lucknow they are trying to have a fake fighting," he added.
Trivedi dubbed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi`s visit to riot-hit Muzaffarnagar as extremely unfortunate.
Trivedi said: "I am saying unfortunate? The reason being it has come very late and without any effective action. When everybody was watching that the Samajwadi Party government of UP has totally failed on the constitutional, administrative and political aspect. And, all political parties cutting the across party lines, have asked for the dismissal of the government and imposition of the President`s rule."
"But this Congress Government, forget about the imposition of President`s rule. They not even done a single thing to intervene in the government, they have not issued any warning to the government, and even, they have not taken pains to issue any advisory to the government," he added.
The Prime Minister, who visited the clashes-affected areas of Bassi Kalan, Taawli and Barvala earlier in the day, said the perpetrators of Muzaffarnagar violence will be given strict punishment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened