SP counters Mayawati`s demands President`s Rule
New Delhi: Attacking the SP government in Uttar Pradesh in the wake of the murder of a police officer, BSP on Tuesday alleged that the law and order situation has deteriorated in the state and demanded imposition of President`s Rule and action against those guilty in the case.
BSP Chief Mayawati said that the SP government in Uttar Pradesh has "failed" on all fronts since it was formed last year. Countering the BSP tirade on the law and order front, SP leader Ramgopal Yadav said the state government has decided to recommend a CBI probe into the killing of DSP Zia-ul-Haq.
"There is nothing going on in the state on the development front. The law and order situation is bad. SP goons are calling the shots due to which a DSP has been murdered. People against whom FIRs have been lodged have not been arrested as yet," Mayawati told reporters outside Parliament House.
She said that Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias `Raja Bhaiyya`, who has been accused in the murder case, has only tendered his resignation as a state minister and no action has been taken against others involved in it.
"People have demanded a CBI inquiry but before that the government should ensure that action is taken. Situation in UP is bad and under the present condition, there should be President`s Rule and the state administration should be taken over by the central government," Mayawati said.
BSP had raised this issue in both Houses of Parliament and forced adjournments. "Whatever the DSP`s wife has demanded has all been accepted...Now it is upto CBI to take further action in the case," Ramgopal Yadav said.
Facing stinging criticism over the murder of the police officer, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had yesterday assured the wife of the slain officer that his government would recomend a CBI probe into the killing.
Asked about Raja Bhaiya`s arrest, he said, "Ask this question to CBI."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'