SP counters Mayawati`s demands President`s Rule
New Delhi: Attacking the SP government in Uttar Pradesh in the wake of the murder of a police officer, BSP on Tuesday alleged that the law and order situation has deteriorated in the state and demanded imposition of President`s Rule and action against those guilty in the case.
BSP Chief Mayawati said that the SP government in Uttar Pradesh has "failed" on all fronts since it was formed last year. Countering the BSP tirade on the law and order front, SP leader Ramgopal Yadav said the state government has decided to recommend a CBI probe into the killing of DSP Zia-ul-Haq.
"There is nothing going on in the state on the development front. The law and order situation is bad. SP goons are calling the shots due to which a DSP has been murdered. People against whom FIRs have been lodged have not been arrested as yet," Mayawati told reporters outside Parliament House.
She said that Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias `Raja Bhaiyya`, who has been accused in the murder case, has only tendered his resignation as a state minister and no action has been taken against others involved in it.
"People have demanded a CBI inquiry but before that the government should ensure that action is taken. Situation in UP is bad and under the present condition, there should be President`s Rule and the state administration should be taken over by the central government," Mayawati said.
BSP had raised this issue in both Houses of Parliament and forced adjournments. "Whatever the DSP`s wife has demanded has all been accepted...Now it is upto CBI to take further action in the case," Ramgopal Yadav said.
Facing stinging criticism over the murder of the police officer, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had yesterday assured the wife of the slain officer that his government would recomend a CBI probe into the killing.
Asked about Raja Bhaiya`s arrest, he said, "Ask this question to CBI."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof