SP demands inquiry into expenditure for BSP rally
Lucknow: Opposition SP on Saturday demanded an inquiry into the alleged misuse of government funds for the BSP rally here on Monday and the role of government officials
who, it claimed, were acting as "volunteer force" for the ruling party in Uttar Pradesh.
"Government funds worth crores of rupees are being spent on the preparations for the `maharally` with administration acting like a BSP volunteer force," Samajwadi
Party spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said.
He demanded that an inquiry be ordered into it so that the people of the state could "know the reality behind these arrangements".
As many as 1,600 roadways buses besides 5,000 private buses have been arranged to ferry BSP workers from all over the state, Chaudhary claimed adding that police were
neglecting their regular duty as they were too busy with rally preparations.
"Massive hoardings have come up all over the capital, even in prohibited areas, and the municipal corporation, instead of removing them, is also spending crores of rupees on
the rally," he alleged.
The SP spokesman said the inquiry should also look into the role of officials "who are spending more time at the rally venue than in their offices and working for a political
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?