SP demands special session of UP Assembly
Lucknow: Alleging that the law and order
situation has hit rock bottom in Uttar Pradesh, Samajwadi Party Tuesday demanded that the Governor convene a special session of the state Assembly.
"The party demands that Governor B L Joshi convene a
special session of the state Assembly immediately to discuss
the deteriorating law and order situation in UP," Leader of
the Opposition Shivpal Singh Yadav told reporters here.
"If the BSP government is not ready to call the special
session, it should be terminated," he said.
Yadav said a delegation of the SP would meet the Governor
in this regard.
He claimed that there had been a spurt in criminal cases,
especially rape, in the state.
"In Lakhimpur Kheri, a 14-year-old girl was raped and
killed inside the premises of a police station... After
ministers and MLAs, now policemen have also started indulging
into such crimes," he alleged.
Similarly, he claimed that a five-year-old girl was raped
and killed in Barabanki following which two members of the
victim`s family were picked up by police.
"The arrested persons were tortured to such an extent
that one of them died in custody," he claimed.
He further claimed that in Rampur, a 15-year-old girl was
raped and an FIR was not lodged even after 15 days.
"There is not a single district left where women and
girls are safe and importantly not a single case, including
the CMO`s murder case, has been worked out till date," Yadav
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’