SP dimisses Alvi`s statement as baseless
New Delhi: Angrily reacting to Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi describing Mulayam Singh Yadav as a "BJP agent", senior Samajwadi Party leader Ram Gopal Yadav on Thursday said he is not worth giving any importance.
"If a person turns mad and starts making all sorts of baseless statements, then I cannot comment on that", he told reporters here.
To a question that despite SP supporting UPA, such statements mere being made against the party chief, Yadav said, "He is not worth giving importance".
He said if a person becomes "mad", he should be referred for treatment.
SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav refused to make a statement on the issue, saying he would not comment on such things.
Alvi sparked off a controversy yesterday after he termed the SP chief as the "biggest agent" of BJP.
"I don`t know if you would like it or not but I have been saying it for the last 10 years that if there is anybody who is the biggest agent of BJP, it is Mulayam Singh Yadav. If anybody dances to the tunes of BJP, it is Mulayam Singh Yadav," Alvi, the Congress spokesperson, said addressing a public meeting here last night.
The Congress was however quick to distance itself from Alvi`s comments.
"Party does not approve of this....The Congress has always been in favour of uniting all secular forces," AICC General Secretary Janardhan Dwivedi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!