SP dimisses Alvi`s statement as baseless
New Delhi: Angrily reacting to Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi describing Mulayam Singh Yadav as a "BJP agent", senior Samajwadi Party leader Ram Gopal Yadav on Thursday said he is not worth giving any importance.
"If a person turns mad and starts making all sorts of baseless statements, then I cannot comment on that", he told reporters here.
To a question that despite SP supporting UPA, such statements mere being made against the party chief, Yadav said, "He is not worth giving importance".
He said if a person becomes "mad", he should be referred for treatment.
SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav refused to make a statement on the issue, saying he would not comment on such things.
Alvi sparked off a controversy yesterday after he termed the SP chief as the "biggest agent" of BJP.
"I don`t know if you would like it or not but I have been saying it for the last 10 years that if there is anybody who is the biggest agent of BJP, it is Mulayam Singh Yadav. If anybody dances to the tunes of BJP, it is Mulayam Singh Yadav," Alvi, the Congress spokesperson, said addressing a public meeting here last night.
The Congress was however quick to distance itself from Alvi`s comments.
"Party does not approve of this....The Congress has always been in favour of uniting all secular forces," AICC General Secretary Janardhan Dwivedi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez