SP dimisses Alvi`s statement as baseless
New Delhi: Angrily reacting to Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi describing Mulayam Singh Yadav as a "BJP agent", senior Samajwadi Party leader Ram Gopal Yadav on Thursday said he is not worth giving any importance.
"If a person turns mad and starts making all sorts of baseless statements, then I cannot comment on that", he told reporters here.
To a question that despite SP supporting UPA, such statements mere being made against the party chief, Yadav said, "He is not worth giving importance".
He said if a person becomes "mad", he should be referred for treatment.
SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav refused to make a statement on the issue, saying he would not comment on such things.
Alvi sparked off a controversy yesterday after he termed the SP chief as the "biggest agent" of BJP.
"I don`t know if you would like it or not but I have been saying it for the last 10 years that if there is anybody who is the biggest agent of BJP, it is Mulayam Singh Yadav. If anybody dances to the tunes of BJP, it is Mulayam Singh Yadav," Alvi, the Congress spokesperson, said addressing a public meeting here last night.
The Congress was however quick to distance itself from Alvi`s comments.
"Party does not approve of this....The Congress has always been in favour of uniting all secular forces," AICC General Secretary Janardhan Dwivedi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey