SP expels MLA for `anti-party` activities
Lucknow: The ruling Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh on Friday expelled one of its MLA for six years for his alleged involvement in "anti-party" activities, party sources said.
Pramod Kumar Gupta, the MLA from Bidhuna constituency of Auraiya, has been expelled for six years by the party state president and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav for anti-party activities, the sources said.
Gupta had issued statements against the party yesterday, claiming that law and order has worsened in the present regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview