SP gears up for LS polls, to project Mulayam as PM
Meerut: After its spectacular victory in the assembly polls, the Samajwadi Party`s associate UPNS has now set its sights on securing the country`s top executive post of prime minister for SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
UP Navnirman Sena (UPNS), an SP-affiliated unit, today said it will kick off preparations for the next general elections by projecting Mulayam as its prime ministerial candidate.
Speaking at a party workers meet here, UPNS head Amit Jani lambasted the Congress-led UPA central government for denying a Rs 70,000 crore package to the state, and accused the Congress with being bent on ruining the state and pinning the blame on the SP in the Lok Sabha polls.
He asserted that the SP government would not allow the Congress` designs to succeed.
The meet also saw the formation of block and state-level campaign committees for the next Lok Sabha polls scheduled in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Haryana govt asks probe officer to stop working on second report into Jat agitation
- Sister aka stylist Rhea Kapoor speaks about Sonam's fashion secrets
- Overhaul Indian sports bodies and de-link from Political patronage to overcome Rio fiasco: CPI-M
- Fawad Khan has short yet pivotal role in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil': Karan Johar
- Looks like it takes a lot of men to doll up Sunny Leone- See pic