SP gears up for LS polls, to project Mulayam as PM
Meerut: After its spectacular victory in the assembly polls, the Samajwadi Party`s associate UPNS has now set its sights on securing the country`s top executive post of prime minister for SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
UP Navnirman Sena (UPNS), an SP-affiliated unit, today said it will kick off preparations for the next general elections by projecting Mulayam as its prime ministerial candidate.
Speaking at a party workers meet here, UPNS head Amit Jani lambasted the Congress-led UPA central government for denying a Rs 70,000 crore package to the state, and accused the Congress with being bent on ruining the state and pinning the blame on the SP in the Lok Sabha polls.
He asserted that the SP government would not allow the Congress` designs to succeed.
The meet also saw the formation of block and state-level campaign committees for the next Lok Sabha polls scheduled in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Guess who? THIS Hollywood celebrity wants to do a film with Shah Rukh Khan
- Southwest monsoon remains normal in Uttar Pradesh
- Government scuttled bill for Andhra: Congress
- 'Over confidence' not the reason behind Pakistan's struggle in second test: Grant Flower
- Govt trying to pass GST bill this session: Meghwal