SP gears up for LS polls, to project Mulayam as PM
Meerut: After its spectacular victory in the assembly polls, the Samajwadi Party`s associate UPNS has now set its sights on securing the country`s top executive post of prime minister for SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
UP Navnirman Sena (UPNS), an SP-affiliated unit, today said it will kick off preparations for the next general elections by projecting Mulayam as its prime ministerial candidate.
Speaking at a party workers meet here, UPNS head Amit Jani lambasted the Congress-led UPA central government for denying a Rs 70,000 crore package to the state, and accused the Congress with being bent on ruining the state and pinning the blame on the SP in the Lok Sabha polls.
He asserted that the SP government would not allow the Congress` designs to succeed.
The meet also saw the formation of block and state-level campaign committees for the next Lok Sabha polls scheduled in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about