SP gears up for LS polls, to project Mulayam as PM
Meerut: After its spectacular victory in the assembly polls, the Samajwadi Party`s associate UPNS has now set its sights on securing the country`s top executive post of prime minister for SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
UP Navnirman Sena (UPNS), an SP-affiliated unit, today said it will kick off preparations for the next general elections by projecting Mulayam as its prime ministerial candidate.
Speaking at a party workers meet here, UPNS head Amit Jani lambasted the Congress-led UPA central government for denying a Rs 70,000 crore package to the state, and accused the Congress with being bent on ruining the state and pinning the blame on the SP in the Lok Sabha polls.
He asserted that the SP government would not allow the Congress` designs to succeed.
The meet also saw the formation of block and state-level campaign committees for the next Lok Sabha polls scheduled in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror